Week one and a half completed. I don't have any gossip about the teachers or the students. So far, no drama. Shame, I love gossip and drama.
Below is my walk to school in Valdebernardo, Madrid.
In the background is my school, IES Valdebernardo. I wasn't too creative with this shot.
I'll admit, thinking back on my high school experience, I thought I'd be intimidated to introduce myself. I realized pretty quickly that talking to a bunch of thirteen year olds is easy when they have no idea what you're saying. Crisis averted.
The most fun I had was answering questions. I forgot what teenagers consider important. I've compiled a series of the most popular questions that got thrown at me, and my answers.
- Do you have a boyfriend? Nope.
- Have you ever met a celebrity? Nope.
- How do you say "Johnny Depp?" Johnny Depp.
- Do you play Pokemon? No, but I collected the cards when I was little.
- What's your favorite Pokemon? Magnemite.
- Do you like Harry Potter? Yes.
- Are you from London? Nope.
- Whats your favorite color? Yellow.
- How long have you liked your favorite color? Since I was little and I asked my mom to paint my room yellow.
- What do you eat on your pizza? Chicken and pineapple.
- What's your favorite football team? Leicester City.
- Do you like Justin Bieber? I do.
- Who is your favorite singer? JUNGLE, it's a musical group.
- Why do you like Spain? The buildings are different, and the culture is welcoming.
- Why do you like teaching? Because you kids make me smile.
After class a quiet student in the back of the room brought me this:
He said, "your favorite." Got to catch them all.
Live Large and Sparkle,